Do you need to improve the insulation of an existing property? Whether you’re a homeowner annoyed by drafts and concerned about your monthly energy expenses or a commercial firm seeking to improve the value of older properties, retrofit insulation is an excellent way to restore energy efficiency in the face of aging insulation or improve insulation where it was always insufficient or absent.
To get your retrofit insulation project started, reach out to Prime Energy Group today by dialing 980-339-3293 or by messaging us online.
Retrofit Insulation for Existing Homes and Properties
Retrofit insulation refers to the process of installing new insulation in existing properties. There are a number of ways this can be done, but at Prime Energy Group we prefer to work with spray foam and blown foam insulation for a number of reasons.
With a retrofit project, there are a few considerations for what we want to achieve:
- Accessibility of the Place That Needs to Be Insulated: How easy is it to access the surfaces which need to be insulated for this project?
- Properties Desired From the Insulation Itself: Are you aiming for a particular R-value? Air or moisture barriers? Soundproofing? Is environmental friendliness a priority?
- Space Concerns and Presence of Existing Insulation: Is there room to achieve the desired goals with a particular insulation? Will existing insulation need to be removed, or can it be used in combination with new insulation to achieve your goals?
By considering everything carefully in advance, we can design an insulation retrofitting strategy that will leave our clients fully satisfied when we’re finished.
Signs a Building Needs Retrofit Insulation
If you’re not sure whether your home or property requires retrofitting with new insulation, there are a few key warning signs you can look for. Even one might indicate at least a limited problem with insulation. If you have several of these affecting a building, it’s in desperate need of new insulation.
- Hot or cold spots not explained by HVAC problems
- Ice dams in the winter due to inadequate attic insulation melting snow
- Heat radiating off walls or the floor in the summer, or cold in the winter
- Excessive energy bills, despite efficient heating and cooling systems
- High indoor humidity or moisture
- Low indoor air quality
- Mold not explained by other moisture sources
- Frozen pipes in the winter
- Pests, such as insects or mice
Do these signs of a problem sound familiar? Dial 980-339-3293 or reach out to Prime Energy Group online to learn more about what a retrofit insulation project could do for you.
Spray Foam for Retrofit Projects
For retrofitting insulation, it’s hard to argue with the benefits and versatility of spray foam insulation products. While there are variations in the different specific types of spray foam insulation, they are all applied via a machine that sprays the foam in as a wet coating. As this coating dries, it expands into a thicker foam insulation, leaving no gaps around nooks, crannies and unusual shapes.
This makes it an ideal choice for insulating areas that are normally difficult to insulate, for reinsulating atop and around existing insulation, and for insulating largely inaccessible surfaces.
Spray foam insulation offers all-in-one protection against heat transference, air infiltration and moisture infiltration, and it seals tight without an air gap to reduce efficiency. Homes reinsulated with spray foam can see energy efficiency gains of as much as 50% according to some research.
Dial 980-339-3293 today and schedule a project. Bring your home or property to a new level of efficiency and comfort.
Why Choose Us?
Prime Energy Group is a leading spray foam insulation company in Charlotte, NC, serving homeowners, businesses and contractors across the Carolinas. Our technicians bring to the table nearly 25 years of experience in spray-foam insulation, backed by a strict priority of customer satisfaction, integrity and industry best practices.
Reach out to us today to begin your retrofit insulation project. Dial 980-339-3293 or contact us online to get started.