Prime Energy Group Charlotte is proud to be a leading installer of spray foam insulation in existing homes in the Greater Charlotte area.
Spray foam insulation is applied wet and quickly expands into thick foam that fits snugly in wall cavities, crevices and gaps—therefore, it can be installed in hard-to-reach areas and around piping and wiring.
For expert spray foam insulation in the Charlotte, Asheville and Greensboro areas of North Carolina, trust Prime Energy Group Charlotte. Call our insulation team at (980) 339-3293 or contact us online to get started with our residential and commercial spray foam insulation services.
Spray Foam Insulation in the Carolinas
What is Spray Foam Insulation?
Spray foam insulation is an effective, durable insulative material that is created on-site by mixing two liquid components. Each individual ingredient is conveyed through a heated hose towards a mixing gun, which is then used to apply the chemical. Once the spray foam has made contact with the surface to be insulated, it begins to foam and expand rapidly, and it quickly becomes a solid material that can fill even the tightest gaps and crevices. Spray foam is available in two different formulations, open-cell, and closed-cell, and depending on which type is used, it may expand to as much as 40 to 100 times its size upon application.
Contact us to arrange for an estimate for spray foam insulation installation or call (980) 339-3293 today!
Types of Spray Foam
Open-Cell Spray Foam
Open-cell spray foam is lighter, less dense and more pliable than the closed-cell variety, and it’s most commonly used on the underside of roof decks and in interior wall cavities, attics, crawlspaces and basement walls. This material expands to around three inches in thickness when applied, making it the ideal solution in hard to reach areas and in most cases requires only a single application. A minimum depth of three inches is required for adequate air sealing. The benefits of open-cell spray foam include:
- Mold resistant
- Aids with soundproofing
- Lower cost to purchase and install
- Allows for bi-directional drying
Closed-Cell Spray Foam
Closed-cell spray foam is more rigid and dense than the open-cell form and is suitable for both exterior and interior applications. It is exceptionally resistant to weather and temperature changes and acts as a vapor barrier to prevent water and moisture from penetrating your interior environment. While it is more expensive to install than the open-cell variety, closed-cell spray foam has a number of significant advantages which include:
- Can achieve twice the R-value of open-cell spray foam
- Can be applied in very low temperatures
- Increases the structural integrity of a building
- With minimal expansion, closed-cell spray foam is ideal in tight applications
- Has a higher R-value per inch than open-cell spray foam
- Needs only two inches of thickness to create an air seal
Whichever type of spray foam you choose, it’s imperative that you hire an experienced contractor to apply the insulation.
Call (980) 339-3293 today to schedule spray foam services in the Charlotte, NC area, or contact us online.
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam is a great insulation option because it:
- Facilitates better indoor air quality — Spray foam insulation reduces the amount of air pollutants and allergens in your home or building.
- Provides a quieter indoor environment — As a result of spray foam insulation, outside noises are greatly reduced, providing a peaceful environment for your home or commercial property.
- Increases comfort level — Spray foam insulation helps make your home more comfortable by eliminating drafts and condensation.
- Helps with air sealing — Able to fill irregular and hard-to-reach spaces, spray foam insulation is effective at sealing cracks and voids in any area. This also allows spray foam insulation to be easily installed between floor joists and around wiring, piping and ductwork.
To experience these benefits in your Charlotte, NC home or business, let our team at Prime Energy Group Charlotte install spray foam insulation in your property – call our team at (980) 339-3293 or contact us online today!
Spray Foam Installation in the Greater Charlotte Area
Spray foam insulation should be installed by a trained professional—someone who has been trained in the correct installation safety precautions and possesses the required equipment to mix and apply the product. When installed properly, polyurethane spray foam insulation can help reduce energy costs and help improve indoor air quality. Our spray foam team has the knowledge, experience and resources that few companies can match.
Retrofit & New Construction Insulation Projects in Charlotte, NC
The Prime Energy Group Charlotte team uses spray foam for retrofit projects. We install attic, crawl space, basement and wall insulation and have worked with many local builders and contractors to make sure new homes are as energy-efficient and comfortable as possible. Our team can help finish your project on time and on budget!
To learn more or schedule an appointment for your spray foam installation, give us a call at (980) 339-3293 or contact us online. We’re looking forward to working with you!